Often the one thing that a beginning player needs after learning the basics and winning a few games are some solid tips to enable them to be focused. Fundamentally, roulette is a game of probability but there are a couple of tips to help increase your chances.
Here are a few of my proven tips for roulette, which although might not make you a millionaire, should set you on the right path for getting a decent win loss ratio:
– Know the table limits. Each roulette table has its own minimum and maximum betting amount, so don’t go to a table thinking you’d only be betting $5 and get persuaded to gamble more.
– This leads to my second tip. Only bet what you are comfortable with. Expert gamers don’t bet to show off, they bet to make a profit, whether that be $2 or $2,000. It is also a good rule to give yourself a set amount of how much you are willing to lose before walking away, so you don’t have to remortgage the house.
– Get warmed up and have a feel for the table by making minimum bets on either odd or even. It’s easy and gives you that gut feeling of whether you like or dislike the table.
– Be the boss of your own chips. Novice gamers frequently allow the dealer to keep their original bet in place whilst accepting the winning chips they give you. You can move it where you wish!
– You’d be surprised how many dealers get in to a predictable and repetitive fashion of releasing the ball and you can often find it easier to predict where it lands. Some dealers also vary their style of releasing the ball
– Tips for roulette always include the classic Martingale system. Basically if you lose, you double up the next bet to gain back the loss. The problem being that your losing streak may go beyond your bank balance or you might hit the table limit. It’s better to use this with smaller betting amounts.
– Play European roulette with only one zero. It gives you better chances as American tables have two zeros. Both types of tables are found in the US so you don’t have to worry.
– Don’t let your mind trick you. For instance, when 6 blacks have gone in a row your mind might start wondering (what if it’s a trick, bet black again). Never get in to an argument with your mind.
– Get familar with the game on a free fun table.
– Make an effort to preserve your bankroll. After you have a reasonable amount of winnings, bet with your profits alone and keep your original balance intact. Then the worst that can happen is you go home with your starting balance.
– It’s best to play in well known online casinos as you will not be able to see the inner workings of a website. They might not be choosing numbers at random and could just be making you lose every time.
In conclusion, play safe and just have a good time. Enjoy the fun but don’t let it destroy your life.